Monday, October 8, 2007

Dream Poems


Today we talked about the strange, beautiful, frightening things that happen in dreams. To start off, we wrote a collaborative poem, each student contributing a line or two:

I dreamed there was no school.
I dreamed of hitting Elijah in the head.
I dreamed all the world would be ninjas.
I dreamed about a lion coming to eat me.
I dreamed about motorcycles, dirtbikes, every kind of bike, and everything in the world.
I dreamed about gold stuff.
I dreamed about a scary test.
I dreamed a pirate tried to kill my cousin.
I dreamed Samira was wearing glasses.
I dreamed my brother got hit by a boat.


Next everyone wrote individual poems about one dream or many. I encouraged them to include all the crazy details:

I dream of many colors making a pattern.
I try to play with heart and flower!?
I find squishy gold. I make it into cats.

-Hamara

I dreamed about my brother running around crazy with a snake on his head.
I dreamed about ice cream all over the school.
I dreamed about being the smartest person in the whole school.

-Sevda

No comments: